Benefits of Digital Radiography
- The film is immediately processed and available to view, whereas film takes time to be developed. When additional views are warranted the doctor can take them immediately.
- There is ess radiation needed to produce the same quality image as film (digital X-rays gives 70% less exposure to radiation than conventional X-rays).
- Digital Images can be enhanced. Doctors are able to adjust the brightness, contrast and zoom in on detailed areas.
- Digital archiving—the ability to store images on a computer and send them instantly to another doctor or specialist.
- Digital radiography produces larger photos to better source hard to see pathology.
- Digital radiography, though expensive to buy initially, is cheaper and more environmentally friendly in the long run. No more harsh chemicals needed for processing.
- Grey-scale of digital X-rays offers 256 shades of grey versus 16-25 shades in conventional radiography.
- Patient's Digital X-rays are stored in our electronic health records making it easy for your doctor to pull them up for reference.
X-Rays are used by our Medical team as well as our Doctors of Chiropractic when medically necessary. Safety and having the correct diagnosis is our first priority.
X-rays help your doctors to find underlying pain causing conditions such as:
Different Types of Arthritis
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Postural Syndromes
- Scoliosis/ Kyphosis
- Pelvic Tilt or deformity
- Congenital Defects
- Infections and in rare cases tumors.